Online video is having a moment. Mark Zuckerberg said “I just think that we’re going to be in a world a few years from now where the vast majority of the content that people consume online will be video.”
Marketers are being asked – what their content strategy is for video? Previously video may have been dismissed as too costly and just for the larger players.
The challenge is video can be costly but rather than spending a large proportion of budget on one large video here are some options that mean you can spread content creation across the year in affordable chunks and best measure the content that works best for you.
These are same great option to kick off your strategy and to get your content out there.
1) Get your how-to videos in order. If you have questions people are asking about your brand, services or product why not put this on video so your customers can find the answer? How to guides, and tip and tricks can be filmed in hours not days and the talent is usually within the organisation.
2) Successful project? happy customer? There’s a case study for that. Your client gets to promote their success internally and you get a client to sell for you. Timing is key often can be completed in a day and recent enough people can recall the whole process with ease.
3) Capture a keynote. Holding an event? Make sure you film it and optimise it for video.
4) Especially for social. short snappy content that works well watched on the fly on a mobile device or playing without a soundtrack on a social feed. With the right team you can achieve a lot of content in one day to see you through your whole’s month’s social video schedule.
5) In house or Agency? Certainly capturing noteworthy moments spontaneously on a smart phone is a great idea for inhouse and the more the better! For building your content strategy speak with a production agency who can help you spread your video content budget over the year to maximise your output with partners who understand your long term aims. Dreamtek specialise in micro-retainers to help your marketing team get started in video!