Seminar: Is your organisation ready for the GDPR?
31st October 2017
13.30 – 17.00
Join The Virtual Forge to explore the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation on business-critical processes.
Gain a deeper understanding of the new regulation and understand how your organisation will be affected. Non-compliance fines can be up to 4% of annual worldwide turnover or €20 million. GDPR comes into place in May 2018, now is the time to get prepared.
13.45 What is the GDPR and is your organization ready for the GDPR?
- Aims of the regulation;
- Status of the GDPR;
- Overview of Key issues;
- Analysing the risk;
- Preparing for new data activity;
- What types of organisations are most affected;
- What should organisations do to prepare – Territorial application;
14.45 Data Protection Principles and Lawful basis for processing and Consent
- Lawful basis detailed analysis;
- The “contractual performance” vs The “legitimate interests” vs The “compliance with legal obligations”
- Consent detailed analysis;
- Consent must be “informed”;
- “Clear affirmative action”;
- Withdrawal or refusal of consent;
15.45 Rights of Data Subjects and the new Data Protection Officer
- SAS Software for Risk Management – Crystal Pennington, CEO & Co-Founder at NeoRM;
- Detailed analysis;
- Overriding objective of the GDPR;
- “Legitimate interests” and the right to object;
- The “right to be forgotten”;
- Impact assessment;
- Codes of conduct;
16.30 Sanctions and issues subjected to national law and Relationships with other laws and transitional provision
- Effect of the repeal of the Directive;
- Co-existence of the ePrivacy Directive and the GDPR;
- International Agreements concluded prior to the adoption of the GDPR;
Crystal Pennington| CEO & Co-Founder | NeoRM
Energetic business leader solving today’s risk management problems with a dynamic Reg Tech platform.
An accomplished executive with extensive knowledge of compliance, supervision, equity trading, governance programs and risk management of global companies.
Who should attend
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Head Of Security
Seats are limited for this complementary event, please register to confirm your place.
*This is a Virtual Forge event in association with Dreamtek.