Events Operations Lead
The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions
to help its customers create and deliver digital experiences. To support this we have an in-house
video production department that produces live streams, events, digital content, TVCs & corporate
films, and a talent division that offers a fully managed service for permanent & freelance staffing
across the AV & production industries. Our services also extend to content seeding, broadcasting
studio builds, video asset management, webcasting, mobile and social applications development.
We are seeking a full time Events Operations Lead to work on-site at the Facebook offices in
Washington, DC. The Facebook Event Operations Team provides end-to-end event production
including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and
management. The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving skills, quantifiable leadership
talents, exposure to installed audio-visual systems, and high level experience within team and
project management. Our vision is simply to revolutionize the way technology is deployed and
● Main point of contact for regional market for all clients requesting technical event support
● Communicates effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as
● Reports to Event Operations Supervisor, possibly in a remote location
● Mentors and coaches team of Event Operations Technicians as needed
● Schedules all newly created events on the shared AV-Events calendar in Outlook.
● Schedules and manages all entries and updates on the technicians’ calendars.
● Escalate equipment failures to appropriate teams and assist with the resolution as needed to
maintain service levels.
● Monitor local VC and cloud based video conferencing systems remotely. Troubleshoot as
needed and escalate if necessary.
● Ensures that a balanced workload is triaged among technical staff, and notifies Supervisor of
high priority tasks or events.
● Assists users on using video conferencing systems before and during events.
● Assists staff with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for events.
● Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments as outlined by the supervisor and executes
them within the given timeline.
● Creates and executes technical plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs
● Keeps IT/Event Operations Supervisor well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as a liaison between technicians, staff and clients.
● Creation of SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing the
event ticketing system.
● Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks
throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event.
● Consistently delivers high-quality service to our clients.
● Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
● Keeps IT/Events Operations team well informed of changes and technical challenges.
● Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
● Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
● Assists with training of staff and improving their technical proficiency.
● 3-5 years of professional technical live event production experience
● Experience managing a team of AV and Events technicians at varying levels
● Able to operate equipment to support streaming, Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing,
Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including projection, switching and
● Understanding and experience using Facebook Products (i.e.Facebook Live, Instagram, IG
Stories, Boomerang, etc)
● Capable of reading and understanding AV system schematics
● Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
● Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a
diverse, cross-functional team.
● Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a plus
● Self Starter can demonstrate learning and BE OPEN to learning
● Ability to take direction well
● Asset workflow management experience a plus
● Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall,
Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
● Possesses significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures.
● Ability to travel Domestic/ International.
● Ability to mentor colleagues
Special Physical Qualifications
● Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds
● Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
● Ability to stand for several hours at a time
If you feel your skills match the criteria above then we’d love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your most recent CV to talent(@)dreamtek.tv under the subject heading ‘EOLEAD-DC’.
Dreamtek will hold candidate information and CVs/Resumes for a period of 12 months from any full time and part time applications. If you wish to opt out of this please email talent(@)dreamtek.tv under the subject heading ‘Opt Out’.