Status – Exempt
Salary – Up to $72,500 p/a
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a full time Production Technician to join our tech savvy Onsite team in Seattle. Our client is one of the world’s leading tech companies, and is well-known for being a fast-paced working environment that adopts an innovative, dynamic, and social culture. It is a business that continues to push boundaries with the support of a highly skilled, dynamic workforce.
We pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain staff who align with both our cultures and values. The diversity of our teams helps fuel innovation and creativity as we continue to push boundaries in the way content is created and events are delivered.
The role will involve working within the Technical Production Onsite team to support and produce live event production, utilizing live streaming equipment, vision mixing, and audio mixing. The ideal candidate will have a passion and deep understanding of all things events, with proven experience in operating a variety of technical equipment within an AV, Broadcast, or Production capacity.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe-inspiring digital experiences. To support this, we have teams working across four key areas of the business: Virtual/Hybrid Events, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent and freelance staffing across the AV, Events, and Production industries.
- Operates, monitors, and maintains professional video, lighting, audio, and VC equipment
- Coordinate crew and equipment as needed
- Transports and sets up video, lighting, and audio equipment as required
- Communicates with the Technical Producer and Service Owner effectively, as well as explains our services to technical and non-technical internal events hosts and clients as needed
- Supports Executive-level events by providing meeting kick-offs and in-room technical support
- Utilizes internal video conferencing products and Zoom
- Swaps equipment as needed to maintain service levels, in partnership with venue maintenance technicians
- Troubleshoots as needed to satisfy the end user’s needs and escalates if necessary
- Assists staff with pulling, staging, and striking audio/visual equipment for events
- Maintains physical inventory in dedicated venue locations
- Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments provided to you by your Lead or Supervisor and executes them within the given timeline
- Creates and executes a technical run of show and revises it as appropriate to meet changing needs and event scope
- Keeps the Onsite Production Supervisor and Lead Technician well informed of the status of event support efforts and serves as a liaison between technical staff and clients
- Contributes to and abides by SOP documents, completes detailed event reporting, and utilizes the event ticketing system
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our internal partners and clients.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Proactively keeps up to speed with the latest standards and event technology
What You’ll Need
- 2-4 years of professional technical event production experience
- Ability to operate equipment to support Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including projection,video walls, vision mixing, and formatting)
- In-depth understanding of live streaming products and services
- Capable of reading and understanding AV system diagrams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a global cross-functional team
- Experience working within a tech company and/or customer-facing role is a plus
- Strong self-starter who can demonstrate and be open to learning
- Ability to take direction well
- Understands the benefits of various event formats (e.g. Town Hall, Broadcast, Training, Q&A, etc.) as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all-inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate, and we believe it is the foundation that supports greater innovation and creativity, not only for Dreamtek but also all of our clients. We also strongly believe that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you will work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran status, neurodiversity status, or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.