Technical Event Lead (London, UK)
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a Technical Events Lead in London to work within the Production team, based onsite with our client who is one of the world’s leading technology companies.
This role is responsible for leading a team of Technical Specialists, Senior Technicians and Technicians to deliver end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and event management. The ideal candidate should have a high technical background, proven track record of successfully planning and delivering events, strong problem solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, exposure to installed audio-visual systems, high level experience within team and project management.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe-inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
● Manages, mentors and coaches a team of technical specialists, senior technicians and technicians.
● Responsible, along with other Technicians and Specialists for the successful planning, staffing and delivery of event requests, held within the clients fully equipped event spaces.
● Vision mixes large scale events and collaborates with Events Producers in directing camera shots.
● Acts as a technical lead within a gallery/master control room operating environment, while also able to operate as required.
● Ensures SOPs are applied, and that contingency planning is included in event support.
● Communicates effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed.
● Escalates equipment failures to appropriate inhouse teams and assists with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels.
● Ensures daily system checks are performed to the expected level & timeframe and schedules onsite maintenance as required.
● Reports staff, client or technical failures to the management team, and responsible for gathering information required to complete the associated fault forms, within an agreed SLA time period, along with ideas to avoid a repeat occurrence.
● Ensures that a balanced workload is triaged among technical staff, and notifies the Team Lead of high priority tasks or events.
● Keeps Team Lead well informed of the status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between technicians, staff and clients.
● Creates and executes technical plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
● Is involved in, or owns, special projects or assignments as outlined by the Team Lead and executes them within the given timeline.
● Leads on R&D efforts, identifying ways in which we can improve quality of output, efficiency through automation/tooling and process improvements.
● Creates, or oversees the creation, of SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing internal systems.
● Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event.
● Consistently delivers high-quality service to our partners.
● Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
● Performs Specialist, Senior Technician, and Technician performance reviews.
● Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors the team through formal and informal channels.
● Assists with training of staff and improving their technical proficiency.
● Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
● Performs other ad hoc duties as required by the business.
What You’ll Need
● Minimum 7 years of professional technical live event production experience
● 3+ years experience of line managing a team of AV and Events technicians at varying levels
● Highly proficient in operating Ross Carbonite and Barco switching
● Experience working in a broadcast environment, with specific exposure to operating in a gallery/master control room setting
● Exposure to ETC Ion lighting desk and Sony RCP 1500 is desirable
● Exposure to broadcast audio, SSL audio consoles; including System T is desirable
● Exposure to automating multiple connected audio visual systems via API’s
● Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
● Self starter that can demonstrate being open to learning
● Understanding and experience of various event formats, including Q&A, training events, town hall meetings etc.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.