What You’ll Do
Our client Air BnB is seeking an AV Engineer to work on-site in their San Francisco offices. This person will need to possess a deep level of understanding in break fix and maintenance solutions for infrastructure behind Air BnB’s live broadcast, streaming and video technologies. The AV Engineer will be pivotal in keeping the broadcast facilities operational to support a multitude of on premise events, whilst maintaining close communication with cross functional teams and partners as part of the production workflow. The ideal candidate will have a knack for all things AV related with proven experience in a variety of technical equipment for new and emerging technologies.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
The Day -to-Day
- Provide day-to-day maintenance, break fix, and routine inspection of event space rack room equipment and control rooms to ensure 99.9% uptime.
- Rapidly troubleshoot systems and equipment of video control rooms and AV rack rooms and drive resolutions through to completion during high pressure situations (real-time troubleshooting during a live show)
- Monitor the health status of broadcast AV hardware and peripheral devices including control surfaces, cabling, touchpanels, batteries etc.
- Work closely with the AV Engineering team on firmware and equipment upgrades.
- Ensure processes and procedures are followed and changes documented.
- Manage third party vendor AV service calls.
- Maintain a database of global event/production spaces.
- Maintain and update our inventory of Mac OS and Windows machines.
What You’ll Need
- Strongly demonstrated industry experience is required, and a degree or certification in AV Engineering or AV Technology is desirable.
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience in an AV support engineering and/or AV integration role.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, ability to figure out where in a signal chain an issue originates.
- Good understanding of AV equipment including matrix switchers, audio DSPs, control systems (Crestron, QSC)
- Ability to read and understand detailed AV schematics.
- Working knowledge of IP networking
- Good understanding of broadcast production equipment (video switchers e.g. Blackmagic ATEM, and software/hardware encoders.)
- Knowledge of audio mixers and live audio production support. (Yamaha, Presonus, Dante)
- Experience with video conferencing hardware (Cisco, Polycom)
- Good audio visual knowledge as it pertains to event based technology.
- Familiarity with zoom meeting administration.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) and ability to collaborate effectively across the team and the organization.
- Must be comfortable reporting to a remote team.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and appropriately escalate issues when needed.
- Experience operating Mac OS and Windows computers with a good level of computer literacy.
- Familiarity with the GSuite of applications such as Google Slides, Docs and Sheets.
- Experience with video streaming platforms (similar to Youtube, etc)
- Familiarity with using virtual machine software such as VMWare.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Jira or similar.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek