What You’ll Do
Our client Air BnB is seeking an Audio Visual Gear Manager/PA to work on-site in their San Francisco offices. This person will need to possess a good level of understanding in AV equipment, operation and maintenance as they will be responsible for equipment check in/check out procedures, as well as carrying out health checks of all AV and Production inventory. The ideal candidate will have a knack for all things AV related with proven experience in assisting in the set up and operation of the equipment for Air BnB’s events and content productions.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
The Day -to-Day
50% campus gear management
- Manage equipment using inventory software.
- Provide day-to-day management of our field video and audio equipment and maintain the inventory database.
- Work closely with the Executive, Live and Creative Production teams on equipment check-in and check-out processes.
- Track equipment health and maintenance with the production teams and highlight issues in a timely manner (Cameras, Lenses, microphones, batteries and field recording devices).
- Ensure processes and procedures are followed and changes documented.
50% Production Assistant (PA)
- Provides set up support for exec at-home productions using our standardized exec prod kit (example of potential setup).
- Be able to set up, test, and troubleshoot executive support equipment as needed.
- Executive gear support involves gear transport (min – manages a courier who delivers gear from campus to residential locations – meets courier at location and carries gear in for set-up).
- Provides onsite PA support in campus spaces when required.
- Assist both executive and campus production teams with setting up events/video productions as needed.
- Assists with the allocation of microphones for Town Halls / Q&A’s and managing stage times for on campus productions.
- Assists producers on set during video productions with duties such as printing scripts, scheduling, running errands and swapping out equipment as needed.
What You’ll Need
- 3 years of hands-on experience working in AV logistics and/or an event technology role.
- Understanding of video production equipment as it pertains to proper storage and duty of care.
- Good audio visual knowledge as it pertains to event based technology.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) and ability to collaborate effectively across the team and the organization.
- Must be comfortable reporting to a remote team.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and appropriately escalate issues when needed.
- Experience operating Mac OS computers with a good level of computer literacy and connecting of peripheral USB AV devices.
- Familiarity with the GSuite of applications such as Google Slides, Docs and Sheets.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Jira or similar.
- Familiarity with any equipment management software such as Cheqroom
- An understanding of AV technology or professional video and audio field equipment is desirable.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.