What You’ll Do
We are seeking a full time Onsite Production Lead Technician to work at our clients offices in Boston, US. The Onsite Production Team provides end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and management. The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, exposure to installed audio-visual systems, and high level experience within team and project management. Our vision is simply to revolutionize the way technology is deployed and supported worldwide.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Main point of contact for the regional market for all clients requesting technical event support.
- Communicates effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed.
- Manages service initiatives to our clients standards/mission.
- Reports to Regional Production Supervisor, possibly in a remote location.
- Mentors and coaches a team of Production Technicians as needed.
- Schedules all newly created events on the shared AV-Events calendar in Outlook.
- Schedules and manages all entries and updates on the technicians’ calendars.
- Escalate equipment failures to appropriate teams and assist with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels.
- Monitor local VC and cloud based video conferencing systems remotely. Troubleshoot as needed and escalate if necessary.
- Ensures that a balanced workload is triaged among technical staff, and notifies Supervisor of high priority tasks or events.
- Assists users on using video conferencing systems before and during events.
- Assists staff with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for events.
- Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments as outlined by the supervisor and executes them within the given timeline.
- Creates and executes technical plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps Regional Production Supervisor well-informed of status of event support efforts and serves as a liaison between technicians, staff and clients.
- Creation of SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing the event ticketing system.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post-event.
- Consistently delivers a high quality of service to our clients.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Assists with training of staff and improving their technical proficiency.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of professional technical live event production experience
- Experience managing a team of AV technicians at varying levels
- Able to operate equipment to support streaming, Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting)
- Capable of reading and understanding AV system schematics
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a plus
- Self Starter can demonstrate learning and BE OPEN to learning
- Ability to take direction well
- Asset workflow management experience a plus
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
- Possesses significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures.
- Ability to travel Domestic/International.
- Ability to mentor colleagues
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.