AWS Showcase Event – The Vision For Future Possibilities, AWS, ML and AI.
The UK’s top companies gathered in Central London, where The Virtual Forge’s co-CEO Matt Wicks presented the vision for future possibilities.
On the 26th April 2017, our sister company The Virtual Forge hosted an exclusive showcase event for industry leaders. This event took place at The Hoxton, Shoreditch which took delegates on a venture into the world of Amazon Web Services, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The Virtual Forge is a creative technology company, incorporating many talents, one of which is that they’re uniquely positioned to provide expert support and insight into AI, ML and their incorporation into the AWS suite of services. The Virtual Forge created the ability for delegates to be able to attend the event virtually and to watch it whilst it was live streamed via YouTube and Facebook.
So sit back and let us take you on a journey through how The Virtual Forge can guide us through the vast opportunities with AI, ML and the ever expanding and evolving AWS suite.
“The focus of the event was to provide businesses with the know-how required to take advantage of these tools and to provide real life, practical examples.” Co CEO Matt Wicks
The Virtual Forge – Who are we? What do we do?
The Virtual Forge realise that not everyone is fully aware of the extent and breadth of their talent, knowledge and skills; so they provided a brief introduction and helped us all to understand what they do and how this can impact and benefit businesses.
AWS Data and the use of Sentiment Analysis and BI in the Cloud
This session was designed to look at in detail some of the AWS resources, including AWS CloudFormation and Amazon Kinesis Streams.
- CloudFormation enables tightening of security and making your process reliable and has become an integral part of AWS.
- Kinesis Streams enable you to build custom applications that analyse streaming data, continuously capturing and storing terabytes of data per hour from hundreds of thousands of sources such as website clickstreams, financial transactions, social media feeds, IT logs, and location-tracking events.
You can see in the video that The Virtual Forge provided us with some examples of these in use, demonstrating the systems interfaces and a thorough introduction into how they work in real life business solutions.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – 4 products from the AWS suite of services
Machine Learning, Rekognition, Amazon Lex and Amazon Polly are 4 key products from the AWS range of services, showing just how they work:
- Machine Learning – how can you predict if someone is going to default on their credit card payment? Matt shows us how!
- Amazon Lex – is software that you can use to build chatbots to answer everyday requests, add voice or chat interfaces to mobile devices and enterprise chatbots that streamline common work activities and improve organisational efficiencies.
- Rekognition – enables detection of faces, objects, scenes, inappropriate content in images, emotions and facial expressions such as a look of happiness, sadness or surprise.
- Amazon Polly – Polly uses advanced deep learning for companies to create multilingual content, across 24 languages.
“Fantastic session, thank you Matt, The Virtual Forge and Dreamtek!”
We hope you’ve enjoyed this summary of our event. To subscribe to our mailing list to ensure you receive notifications of upcoming events please mail email@example.com saying ‘Add Me To Your Mailing List Please!’
+44 (0) 845 600 6122 | www.dreamtek.tv/