Broadcast Engineer/Streaming Technician
The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help its customers create and deliver digital experiences. To support this we have an in-house video production and engineering department that produces live streams, events, digital content, TVCs & corporate films, and a talent division that offers a fully managed service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV & production industries. Our services also extend to content seeding, broadcasting studio builds, video asset management, webcasting, mobile and social applications development.
We are seeking a Broadcast Engineer/Streaming Technician to execute and deliver technical projects from Broadcast studios through to live streaming. To support all aspects of streaming and signal flow in a production & event operations environment. This is a technical role which requires the operation and support of both software and hardware, as well as general production assisting responsibilities such as camera, lighting, sound operation as well as logistical and administrative support.
The successful candidate must be organised, able to simultaneously plan multiple events, and be able to cope with the pressure that live events bring. They must also rely on their background in event and video production. This role will also require high level interactions with clients so strong customer service skills are a must.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining streaming equipment.
- Identifying options for potential broadcast solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Working with internal and freelance team members on projects for successful delivery
- Working closely with colleagues, the sales team, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
- Training for new and existing teams in order to keep them current on workflows.
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments, including but not limited to, live streaming, encoding, vision mixing, Video over IP, webasting from manufacturers such as Adobe and Inxpo, video distribution and content delivery networks. Networking and infrastructure. Video Storage, SANs and Cloud storage, Cloud infrastructure.
- Champion technical vision and support other team members to provide innovative and compelling solutions to our existing and prospective clients.
- Support and ensure technical success for all Live broadcasts.
- Experience with camera, lighting and audio operation.
- Administrative and logistical support for events & productions within the region.
- Interface and coordinate with internal teams and clients to produce compelling live content.
- Assists in the execution of action items for various internal projects.
- Acting surrogate when team members are unable to attend meetings due to travel or other engagements.
- Remotely support onsite production teams in Asia to produce internal & external Live streams.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in all aspects of streaming and venue space equipment including hardware and software.
- Minimum 3+ years experience with camera, lighting & audio operation
- Minimum 3+ years experience in live event production including video production.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, on a fast-faced production schedule.
- Great at taking direction, but also able to work independently and make sound choices without additional support.
- Strong interest in technology and agility at learning new products and features.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends if needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with customers, colleagues and event managers.
- Able to collaborate with a diverse, cross-functional team.
- A full valid driving license will be beneficial but not a must.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
If you feel your skills match the criteria above then we’d love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading ‘ST-APAC’