What can a learning management system do for your business?
In a couple of words, a lot for not a lot! Investing in a learning management system can see a great return for your money. Whether you are a business or an education facility, these systems can provide an effective and responsive way to create, enhance, deliver and manage content as well as manage and monitor participation and assess performance for the learner. Thus allowing you to reduce precious time, money and travel on your training programme.
So what are learning management system?
A learning management system (LMS) is a software application that allows companies and educational settings the ability to deliver electronic content and resources to students/employees through e-learning or training programs.
Key features available through using a learning management system
- Course registration and administration,
- Participant analysis,
- Tracking and reporting,
- Deliver course content,
- Curriculum and certification management,
- Skill gap analysis,
- Assessment and documentation,
- Skills and competencies management,
- Individual development plans,
- Training record management,
- Resource management,
- Training event management.
So how can it help my business?
- Deliver learning materials and content to a wide audience no matter where they are in the world.
- Computers have become a part of everyday living so it’s a natural way to deliver education. This can even be done from smart phones and tablets whilst people are on the go.Learning
management systems are economical with digital texts, rapid uploading of content, reduction or no travel expenses required and seminars and class work can all be undertaken in a virtual classroom.
- Learning management systems can encourage social networking to enhance the training experience. This allows peer support, multi skills being shared and the ability to broaden the learners learning experience.
- Flexibility is one of the key features that it can give a business, so if you are a company that needs to carry out training updates to employees in different time zones or a company that has different shift patterns, all participants can log in at a suitable time and still gain effective training.
- If your company is required by regulations to train and update your staff on certain procedures or topics learning management systems can help ensure that you are compliant and assist with the documentation to support. Helping to reduce the risk of costly mistakes and or fines.
The bottom line is that by using a learning management system for your business it can significantly improve learning rates of employees, managers, and executives. With the increased reliability and relevance of content and knowledge shared participants acquire, the more productive and profitable the business as a whole can be.
Learning management systems can be fully adapted to your business and employees needs instead of an off the shelf training platform. Here at Dreamtek we can help you to develop an outstanding platform that suits your business needs and can assist with training, documentation, tracking and reporting. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us. https://dreamtek.tv/contact/