What You’ll Do
We are seeking an Events Technician in London to work within the Production team, based onsite with our client who is one of the world’s leading technology companies. This role is responsible for working with a team of Technical Specialists, Senior Technicians and Technicians to deliver end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and event management.
The ideal candidate should have a high technical background with a strong understanding of audio visual systems, specifically Ross Carbonite switcher, ETC lighting desks, Sony cameras and SSL audio consoles. The candidate requires experience of successfully planning and delivering events, strong problem solving skills, exposure to installed audio-visual systems and the ability to train/act as a mentor (when required).
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe-inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Provides top-class customer service skills, being able to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed
- Responsible, along with other Technicians and Specialists for the successful planning, staffing and delivery of event requests, held within the clients fully equipped event spaces
- Able to operate a range of installed AV systems to an advanced level, including Ross Carbonite switcher, ETC Ion lighting desk, Sony RCP 1500’s and SSL L100 audio consoles
- Able to operate (or willingness to learn) other event audio-visual systems as required
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting AV equipment when and where necessary
- Escalates equipment failures to appropriate in-house teams and assists with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels
- Maintains audio visual equipment as required
- Ensures SOPs are applied, and that contingency planning is included in event support
- Is involved in special projects or assignments as outlined by the leadership team and executes them within the given timeline
- Contributes to R&D efforts, identifying ways in which we can improve quality of output, efficiency through automation/tooling and process improvements
- Creates SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilising internal systems
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event
- Consistently delivers high-quality service to our partners
- Adheres to broadcast standards for remote and recorded attendees
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Performs other ad hoc duties as required by the business
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years of professional technical live event production experience
- Strong proficiency in operating a range of installed AV equipment, including Ross Carbonite, Barco switching, Sony RCP 1500 and ETC Ion lighting desk
- Proficient (or a desire to learn) other specialised audio visual equipment
- Experience working in a broadcast environment, with specific exposure to operating in a gallery/master control room setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Self starter that can demonstrate being open to learning
- Understanding and experience of various event formats, including Q&A, training events, town hall meetings etc
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.