What You’ll Do
We are seeking an Events Technician with an audio background in London to work within the Production team, based onsite with our client who is one of the world’s leading technology companies.
This role is responsible for working as part of a team of Technical Specialists, Senior Technicians and Technicians to deliver end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, broadcast services, streaming, and event management.
The ideal candidate should have a high technical background with a strong understanding of audio systems, specifically Solid State Logic (SSL) including the L Series. The candidate requires experience of successfully planning and delivering events, strong problem solving skills, exposure to installed audio-visual systems.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe-inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Provides top-class customer service skills, being able to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed
- Responsible, along with other Technicians and Specialists for the successful planning, staffing and delivery of event requests, held within the clients fully equipped event spaces
- Mixes live streams and broadcasts to a high standard.
- Operation of installed SSL consoles, including the SSL System T and SSL L100, within the clients fully equipped event spaces for the successful delivery of event requests
- Able to operate (or willingness to learn) other event audio-visual systems as required, including but not limited to Ross Carbonite switcher, Sony RCP 1500 & ETC Ion lighting desk
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting AV equipment when and where necessary
- Responsible for regular maintenance of audio equipment
- Escalates equipment failures to appropriate inhouse teams and assists with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels
- Maintains audio visual equipment as required
- Operate and edit Pro Tools event recordings
- Ensures SOPs are applied, and that contingency planning is included in event support
- Communicates effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed
- Is involved in special projects or assignments as outlined by the leadership team and executes them within the given timeline
- Contributes to R&D efforts, including suggestions in ways that could improve quality of output, efficiency through automation/tooling and process improvements
- Creates SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilising internal systems.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event
- Consistently delivers high-quality service to our partners
- Adheres to broadcast standards for remote and recorded attendees
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Performs other ad hoc duties as required by the business
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years of professional technical live event production experience
- Previous experience in either FOH or Live Events operations and working knowledge of SSL and Yamaha consoles.
- Familiarity with video routers, including audio level routing, embedding and shuffling
- Proficiency in Pro Tools, recording, mixing and post-production techniques
- Experienced in broadcast audio; operating SSL audio consoles, including L Series
- Exposure to Ross Carbonite, Barco switching, Sony RCP 1500 and ETC Ion lighting desk is desirable
- Experience working within a gallery/master control room environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Self starter that can demonstrate being open to learning
- Understanding and experience of various event formats, including Q&A, training events, town hall meetings etc.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.