Events Operations Lead
The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help its customers create and deliver digital experiences. To support this we have an in-house video production department that produces live streams, events, digital content, TVCs & corporate films, and a talent division that offers a fully managed service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV & production industries. Our services also extend to content seeding, broadcasting studio builds, video asset management, webcasting, mobile and social applications development.
We are seeking a full time Events Operations Lead to work on-site at the Facebook offices in Boston, US. The Facebook Event Operations Team provides end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and management. The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, exposure to installed audio-visual systems, and high level experience within team and project management. Our vision is to revolutionize the way technology is deployed and supported worldwide.
- Main point of contact for regional market for all clients requesting technical event support
- Communicates effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed.
- Reports to Event Operations Supervisor, possibly in a remote location
- Mentors and coaches team of Event Operations Technicians as needed
- Schedules all newly created events on the shared AV-Events calendar in Outlook.
- Schedules and manages all entries and updates on the technicians’ calendars.
- Escalate equipment failures to appropriate teams and assist with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels.
- Monitor local VC and cloud based video conferencing systems remotely. Troubleshoot as needed and escalate if necessary.
- Ensures that a balanced workload is triaged among technical staff, and notifies Supervisor of high priority tasks or events.
- Assists users on using video conferencing systems before and during events.
- Assists staff with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for events.
- Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments as outlined by the supervisor and executes them within the given timeline.
- Creates and executes technical plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps IT/Event Operations Supervisor well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as a liaison between technicians, staff and clients.
- Creation of SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing the event ticketing system.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event.
- Consistently delivers high-quality service to our clients.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Keeps IT/Events Operations team well informed of changes and technical challenges.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Assists with training of staff and improving their technical proficiency.
- 3-5 years of professional technical live event production experience
- Experience managing a team of AV and Events technicians at varying levels
- Able to operate equipment to support streaming, Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting)
- Understanding and experience using Facebook Products (i.e.Facebook Live, Instagram, IG Stories, Boomerang, etc)
- Capable of reading and understanding AV system schematics
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a plus
- Self Starter can demonstrate learning and BE OPEN to learning
- Ability to take direction well
- Asset workflow management experience a plus
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
- Possesses significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures.
- Ability to travel Domestic/ International.
- Ability to mentor colleagues
Special Physical Qualifications
- Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time
If you feel your skills match the criteria above then we’d love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com under the subject heading ‘EOLEAD-BOSTON’
Dreamtek will hold candidate information and CVs/Resumes for a period of 12 months from any full time and part time applications. If you wish to opt out of this please email talent(@)dreamtek.tv under the subject heading ‘Opt Out’