Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Finance Controller will be responsible for all financial transactions, reconcile accounts and prepare data/reports. While this job description attempts to identify and highlight the key areas of responsibility associated with the Finance Controller within the Dreamtek Group, it’s not exhaustive. The responsibilities of the post holder may change over time, in line with the needs of the Finance Department and the wider direction of the organisation. Rotation of key areas of responsibilities is normal practice for a company of our size.
The Finance Controller will also be responsible for managing the Finance Manager and Accounts Assistants. We currently use XERO as our financial system and it is an advantage if you already have some knowledge of XERO.
Circa £50k + performance bonuses
The Finance Controller will be responsible for all aspects of financial control and reporting, providing the link between the finance team and the senior management of Dreamtek. Provision of analysis of financial information to ensure financial targets are met including value for money and cost reduction as well as working capital management. Overseeing of financial reports to ensure compliance with UK General Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Funding Agencies and regulatory guidelines linked to Dreamtek Inc and all the other Global locations. Management of financial risk and communicating the risks involved to the senior team and supporting the Chief Operating Officer in the discharge of his duties.
Among other specific areas of responsibility, we will also have:
- Overall management of the finance operations team ensuring skills and experience are commensurate with service to be delivered and represents value for money.
- Ensuring that Dreamtek staff are adequately supported and that financial transactions are appropriately recorded.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement to the systems, processes and procedures supporting Finance. To improve the timeliness, accuracy and relevance of the financial management information provided to the teams. This is likely to include the development of appropriate reporting systems/process and selection and implementation of appropriate software.
- Work closely with the COO to ensure all the processes and activities linked to finance operations are documented and organised within shared folders at the VF Google Suite.
- Overall responsibility for the robustness of the financial systems of reporting and ensuring that income is accurately recorded and reconciled with the correct allocations, invoicing, grants and loans are appropriately managed and recorded and that bad debt is minimised and working capital effectively managed.
- Management of relationships with external agencies – e.g. HMRC.
- In conjunction with the COO, take the lead to prepare the monthly financial reports and analysis for the Board and management teams.
- Assist the COO in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Management of the annual audit and statutory reports including annual returns for each entity of the Dreamtek Group.
- Management of insurance provision and get it all organised into specific files.
- Individual Profit and Loss reporting and analysis by project
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations – Completion and maintenance of all balance sheet reconciliations and posting of relevant monthly journals including payroll, accruals, prepayments & deferred income
- Budget management- Ensure overhead costs remain within budget and report on variances to the Directors
- Cashflow forecast and cash management across Dreamtek Group
- In charge of the banking for Dreamtek Group
- Preparing and invoicing intercompany recharges
- Analyze business KPI’s and advise the management team on changes and opportunities for improvement
- Processing suppliers and employee salary payments
- Calculate and report on the Sales team commissions ready for payroll
- Track and maintain the Sales Teams stats and KPI’s dashboard
- Work close to HR to ensure the monthly payroll for Dreamtek is accurate month-by-month
- Oversees the Procurement & Operations processes
- Work close to the Finance Manager to ensure compliance in regards to the quarterly VAT returns and other taxes submitted are paid on time and dealt in a good manner
- Being hands-on and support the team in processing financial transactions through XERO
- Oversee the Credit Control process overseened by the Finance Manager and completed by the Accounts Assistant
- Handling, processing the reconciliation of the balance sheet and ensure expenses are being accurate and keep robust record of all the transactions
- Any other administrative duties as required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Dreamtek Financial Functions, including being hands on when necessary.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Attend appropriate training courses where identified;
- Attend and participate in regular work appraisals and any other support systems as appropriate.;
- Communicating effectively to Senior Managers, Directors, suppliers, funding bodies/payment departments and staff.;
- Maintaining accounting records, filing systems and computer files (in an organised way);
- Undertaking general clerical duties such as dealing with correspondence, filing and photocopying when necessary;
- Assist and support the Finance Manager and Accounts Assistants with the reconciliation of purchase and sales ledgers and reconciliations of all bank accounts;
- Maintain strong communication with the Finance team members in the US and other regions with weekly meetings.;
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and Accounts Assistants to meet deadlines and manage workload;
- Assist the COO and Accountants with year-end preparation;
- Lead by example to maintain a high standard of professionalism at all times.