What You’ll Do
Our client is seeking a Multi-Skilled Operator (MSO) in London to support all aspects of video production, primarily within a studio environment. This is a technical role which requires in-depth knowledge of all portable and studio video, audio and streaming equipment, including studio and DSLR cameras, with a specialism in audio.
This role will interact with clients, so strong customer service and the ability to take direction are a must.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Reports to the Technical Production Supervisor.
- Acts as an SME in audio for all video projects from small scale productions to high profile projects including, but not limited to, exec team, VIPs and celebrities.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining all video, audio and streaming equipment
- Technically executes live or recorded content remotely or in-person supporting Creative Producers in a variety of roles from graphics, cameras, lighting, sound, vision mixing and editing.
- Rigs and de-rigs technical equipment in a safe manner.
- Supports multiple projects at any one time, with various stages of production on a given day.
- Works with the Creative Producers and Engineering team to support the needs of production by means of continuous development and technical innovation, maintaining the highest quality production standards.
- Assists freelance specialists in the production of live and pre-recorded studio content as required.
- Conducts both hands-on and remote workshops with Partners and Creators to provide shooting and editing solutions aimed at DSLR and mobile production.
- Reports technical issues to the Technical Supervisor and Broadcast Engineer in a timely manner so that problems are addressed quickly, and with minimal impact on output.
- Complies with all Health and Safety policies and promotes a positive safety culture in all areas of the studios.
- Ensures that all productions support corporate objectives and brand requirements, meeting internal and external quality standards, and effectively meets the partners’ goals.
- Capable of manipulating lighting, transforming shadows and creating environments with the available lighting (in studio or on location).
- Capable of using flags, arms and other grip tools to control the lighting in both studio and on location.
- Transport and setup of video, lighting, and audio equipment as required.
- Core level of Adobe Creative Suite’s video production modules and applications, allowing the ability to edit as directed by the Creative Producer.
- Communicates the status of every project with appropriate stakeholders and other members of the production team on a regular basis.
- Inventory management and any other reporting as required by the Technical Production Supervisor.
- Responsible for input and execution of Set Design based on the Creative Producer’s brief.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to prioritize a daily workload, and to meet deadlines both individually, and as part of a team.
- Project and equipment reporting, providing data as and when required.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, on a fast-faced production schedule
- Strong technical skill-set with proven examples of previous project work to share
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends if needed
- Core level of Adobe Creative Suite’s video production and design applications, allowing the ability to execute data ingest and transfer
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office/ G Suite applications and the ability to quickly learn and use other software programs
- Experience working in a studio environment
- Demonstrable ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines and pressure in a client-focused environment.
- An aptitude for technical understanding and problem solving with good IT skills.
- A good communicator with good written and spoken English who can remain calm under pressure.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.