This week Dreamtek will be supporting the National apprenticeship week (14th – 18th March 2016).
The National Apprenticeship Week is co-ordinated by the National Apprenticeship Service and is designed to celebrate apprenticeships and traineeships and the positive impact they have on individuals, businesses and the wider economy.
The following key facts show some of the benefits of apprenticeships and traineeships for both the employers and apprentices.
Benefits to employers:
- Employers say that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications;
- There were more than 250,000 employer workplaces with an apprentice in 2014/15;
- 89% of employers reported that apprenticeships helped their business improve the quality of their product or service;
Benefits to the apprentice:
- Some of the country’s top employers are offering work experience, traineeships and apprenticeships to help give young people the best start in their career;
- After finishing, the majority of apprentices (90%) stay in employment (including 2% self-employed), with seven in ten (71%) staying with the same employer;
- A quarter of former apprentices had been promoted (23%)within 12 months of finishing;
The objective of National Apprenticeship Week 2016 is to increase awareness and take-up of apprenticeships and traineeships. To show our support we have asked our team of apprentices to create a video showing what an apprentice means to them, you can view our video here:
If you are interested in learning more about the Dreamtek Apprenticeship scheme and would like to be come part of it please contact Hannah Massam, The Centre Manager of the Dreamtek Academy on 0845 600 6122.
About the Dreamtek Apprenticeship scheme
Dreamtek created ‘The Dreamtek Academy’ (our apprenticeship scheme) in 2013 when we realised that we needed to be ahead of the curve in recruiting some of the most talented young people in the UK.
The Dreamtek Academy has been developed to allow young, creative talent to come through the AV and Video Production Industry. We offer our customers the opportunity to engage with enthusiastic young people who want to grow, learn and excel in their field.
The Dreamtek Group founded in 1999 is a dynamic and innovative company specializing in the delivery of digital experiences through creative video production, event production and the development of mobile and social applications.