The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help its customers create and deliver digital experiences. To support this we have an in-house video production department that produces live streams, events, digital content, TVCs & corporate films, and a talent division that offers a fully managed service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV & production industries. Our services also extend to content seeding, broadcasting studio builds, video asset management, webcasting, mobile and social applications development.
We are seeking a full time Onsite Production Technician to work at the Meta offices (formerly Facebook) in Washington DC, US. As one of the World’s leading tech companies, Meta is well known for being a fast paced working environment that adopts an innovative, dynamic and social culture.
The role will involve working within the AV events team managing the creation and distribution of content via multiple methods of outreach such as live streaming, online, pre-records for pr/marketing etc. The ideal candidate will have a knack for all things events and social related with proven experience in operating a variety of technical equipment within an AV, Broadcast or Production capacity.
- Operate and maintain professional video, lighting & audio equipment.
- Coordinate crew and equipment as needed.
- Transport and setup of video, lighting, and audio equipment as required.
- Communicate with Event Producers effectively as well as explain our services to technical and non-technical customers and clients as needed.
- Supports Executive level events by providing meeting kick-offs and in room technical support.
- Monitors assigned video conferencing calls on end user’s event sites.
- Confirm all Blue Jeans Network (BJN)/VC ID’s for events.
- Swap equipment as needed to maintain service levels.
- Troubleshooting as needed to satisfy the end user’s needs and escalate if necessary.
- Assists staff with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for events.
- Manages physical inventory in dedicated venue locations.
- Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments provided to you by your supervisor and executes them within the given timeline.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps Onsite Production Lead Technician well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between technician staff and clients.
- Contributes and abides by SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing event ticketing system.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- 2-4 years of professional technical event production experience
- Able to operate equipment to support Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting)
- In depth understanding of the Facebooks products and services
- Capable of reading and understanding AV system diagrams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a plus
- Self Starter can demonstrate, and be open to, learning
- Ability to take direction well
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly