What You’ll Do
We are seeking an Operations Manager in London who has significant experience in Service Management within a MSP environment.
You’ll play an integral role in aligning strategy and vision across Dreamtek’s global AV, Event and Production managed service portfolio and will be great at making connections, solving problems and working through others to ensure that all services provided to customers meet our high standards. This person will also have the required skills in introducing change and improvements effectively for the benefit of customers, the team, and the company.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe-inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Reports directly to the Director of Managed Services.
- Offers expertise in service delivery to various managed service accounts, implementing enhancements and processes aligned with Dreamtek’s service model.
- Collaborates with Service Delivery Managers to identify initiatives and workflows that can be applied to other accounts.
- Immerses themselves in managed service accounts during periods of change, recruitment, or absence to ensure continuous service delivery.
- Identifies areas of growth and profitability for Dreamtek, ensuring effective scaling of services to meet requirements.
- Cultivates strong, trusting relationships with all client stakeholders.
- Prepares and delivers Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual business review meetings, presenting patterns and trends, explaining observations, predicting future trends, and proposing solutions for maintaining or improving service quality.
- Demonstrates adeptness in introducing changes and improvements, including strategic shifts for the benefit of customers, the team, and the overall company.
- Compiles and presents financial reporting related to Managed Services and associated spending within specified accounts.
- Collaborates with the Talent team on recruitment and supports the onboarding process for new hires, ensuring they are well-prepared for success in their roles.
- Provides leadership in situations where no embedded structure exists within the service.
- Serves as a point of escalation and mediator for issues, blockers, and inquiries from direct reports.
- Cultivates an environment and culture that empowers talented team members to propose and implement positive changes.
- Inspires the Dreamtek team to deliver their best work, fostering a collaborative and continuously learning environment.
- Drives learning and development initiatives for existing and new staff.
- Encourages innovation across all levels.
- Conducts regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that feedback is provided consistently and progress is being made against goals.
- Effectively manages the performance of direct reports through formal and informal channels.
- Ensures timely completion of appraisals, including goal-setting for the upcoming period.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years experience in delivering AV, event/production services into organisations.
- Previous leadership experience, particularly in leading teams and fostering a positive work culture.
- Analytical, problem solving and process driven mindset.
- Proven experience in managing and implementing improvements in managed service accounts.
- Strong presentation skills and experience delivering to senior stakeholders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks, projects and initiatives and deliver to deadlines.
- Financial and budgeting experience, for analysis and reporting.
- Thrives in working at a fast-paced, high-growth environment with constant change
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Google suite and Microsoft Office applications.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.