What You’ll Do
Our client Meta (formerly Facebook) is seeking a Production Assistant in London to act as the initial point of contact for all video production requests via the internal task booking system, as well as support day to day video production. Supporting the video production team day-to-day, and working on multiple projects simultaneously, they’ll create meeting reports and help keep productions and teams on track. They’ll also take briefs, research ideas, source suppliers / products and help come up with amazingly creative solutions.
This is a hands-on role which requires a good working knowledge of the entire video production workflow and a passion for lighting, video, audio, broadcast and studio sets. Self-shooting and editing experience is required, as well as workload management, as the Production Assistant will be comfortable advising clients and creators on video processes and techniques, as well as giving demos. This role will interact with clients, so good customer service and communication skills are a must.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
The Day -to-Day
- Reports to the Production Supervisor
- Initial point of contact for all video production requests via the internal task booking system
- Responsible for triaging requests and determining business impact
- Responsible for scheduling meetings & confirming bookings in the studio
- Responsible for welcoming talent, crews and clients to the Dublin studio
- Ensures a clear project scope is agreed with clients and effectively communicates the Video Production team
- Produces low complexity projects including shooting and editing
- Handles data ingest and transfer for studio teams
- Works on multiple projects at any one time, with various stages of production on a given day
- Updates entries on resource and studio calendars and trackers
- Works with Creative and Technical teams to build out schedules and project timelines, communicating any changes to relevant team members
- Communicates the status of assigned projects with appropriate stakeholders and other members of the production team on a regular basis
- Educates users and clients on services that Video Production provides
- Reports and consolidates data and metrics for the video department, building out a dashboard detailing studio usage, production resource and performance of output
- Understanding of legal limitations and guidelines surrounding rights for music, stock footage and 3rd party content
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships building upon a knowledge base of each client’s business, systems and objectives with an understanding of the importance of reporting and data including metrics and impact
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Must be able to meet deadlines, on a fast-faced production schedule
- Strong organisational skillset with proven examples of previous project work to share
- Passion for video production
- An effective communicator with good written and spoken English who can remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends if needed
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite’s video production and design applications and/or iMovie, allowing the ability to consult with clients on best practices for DIY options and manage expectations
- Has an interest in AV technologies and assists with studio operations during setup, as and when needed. Duties might include camera setup and white balancing, data ingest or building a timeline in Premiere.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office/ G Suite applications and the ability to quickly learn and use other software programs
- Experience working in a studio environment or on-location and the ability to assist with operation of equipment where required
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We are One. We are Dreamtek.