Status – Exempt
Salary – Up to $135k p/a + benefits
What You’ll Do
We are seeking an Engineer to work on-site at our Studio Location in Sunnyvale with flexibility to work from home when possible. The individual will be one of our technical interfaces between Dreamtek and our clients and will require a high standard of production related technical knowledge. Experience with building and running a studio is a key requirement for this position.The Engineer will have a real passion for how technology can enhance productions and video solutions. You will engage in the maintenance of the solutions that drive the facility, with special focus on the operation and management of the SVL Studio facility.
The role requires the ability to work effectively with many types of people within the production, broadcast and events space, from large scale media companies to independent auteurs. We’re looking for an engineer with hands-on production experience who can provide technical support and guidance to events and conferences at all business levels.
The role also requires flexibility to occasionally work outside of traditional office hours and travel depending on demand and production requirements.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe-inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Design and manage studio build projects
- Operation and routine maintenance of SVL studio facility
- Test / Evaluate new and existing equipment/solutions
- Provide day-to-day support for internal and external productions, live-streams, etc
- Design and execute full end-to-end technical workflow for productions
- Produce and update technical documentation/schematics
- Lead technical teams for on-site productions
- On-site infrastructure installation and configuration (including network)
- Report and escalate to Head of TekOps and Head of Solutions
What You’ll Need
- Experience with design and build of studio facilities
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in studio, on-location, remote, and hybrid production environments
- Experience with SDI/NDI broadcast video infrastructure, such as video and audio routers, switchers, encoding, and networking
- Experienced in hardware and software encode/decode for streaming
- Experienced with remote capture and playback workflows including OBS, vMix, etc
- Hands-on experience with production switcher, camera (inc. PTZ), lighting, and audio (analog/digital) setup and operation
- Experience with wireless mic systems, comms, etc
- Understanding of streaming protocols including RTMP, HLS, RTSP, SRT
- Streaming to social media platforms and private/public CDNs
- Good understanding of IP networking
- Understanding of NDI and Dante protocols
- Experience with products/services such as Haivision, Blackmagic, StreamYard, Google Meet, Zoom, etc
- Experience with MacOS, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Working with shared storage (e.g. SAN, NAS, etc) across multiple platforms/protocols
- Understanding of frontline maintenance and diagnostics on networked broadcast and production environments
- Knowledge of Cloud based infrastructure preferred
- GCP experience is preferable but not essential
- Experience working with Adobe CC, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, and DAWs
- Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Calendar)
- Ability to read, understand and write technical documentation and schematics (CAD would be beneficial)
- Excellent analytical / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to take a service-oriented approach to this position, with a desire to help clients achieve their best result.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.