The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help its customers create and deliver digital experiences. To support this we have an in-house video production department that produces live streams, events, digital content, TVCs & corporate films, and a talent division that offers a fully managed service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV & production industries. Our services also extend to content seeding, broadcasting studio builds, video asset management, webcasting, mobile and social applications development.
Our client Facebook is seeking a Streaming Engineer to support all aspects of streaming and signal flow in the event operations environment. This is a very technical role which requires the operation and support of both software and hardware, such as encoders. This role will be pivotal in keeping the London venue spaces operational.
The successful candidate must be organised, able to simultaneously plan multiple events, and be able to cope with the pressure that live events bring. They must also rely on their background in event and video production. This role will also require high level interactions with clients so strong customer service skills are a must.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining streaming equipment.
- Oversees and troubleshoots all aspects of signal flow in venue spaces.
- Ensures technical success for all FB Live broadcasts.
- Experience engineering live video equipment.
- Interface and coordinate with event managers to produce compelling live content.
- Marks up venue drawings with tech requirements (i.e. Power, Cabling, Projectors, Screens, etc).
- Assists in the execution of action items for various internal projects.
- Provides consultation to internal customers for upcoming Facebook Lives.
- Assists internal customers in vendor selection, sourcing and management.
- Acting surrogate when team members are unable to attend meetings due to travel or other engagements.
- Remotely support onsite production teams in NA to produce public FB Live streams.
- Develop and contribute to SOP material and documentation around FB Live operation.
- Responsible for producing metrics to support the service.
- 5+ years experience in all aspects of streaming and venue space equipment including hardware and software.
- 5+ years experience in live event production including video production.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, on a fast-faced production schedule.
- Great at taking direction, but also able to work independently and make sound choices without additional support.
- Strong interest in technology and agility at learning new products and features.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends if needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with customers, colleagues and event managers.
- Able to collaborate with a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Travel to EMEA locations will be required to support offsite events.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
If you feel your skills match the criteria above then we’d love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading ‘ST-LDN’