What You’ll Do
We are seeking a full time Studio Technician to work on-site at Spotify’s Podcast Studios in London, UK. This is a mixture of an operational and technical role which requires a good understanding of podcasting and audio based technologies. This person will also be very client facing as the role will involve a high level of interaction with artists, managers and internal leadership so strong customer service skills are a must. Under the direction of the Studio Ops Coordinator, you will also be responsible for assisting in the scheduling process of the studios, dealing with logistic processes and be able to troubleshoot technical issues within multifunctional production studios.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
The Day -to-Day
- Reports to Studio Operations Coordinator.
- Operate and maintain professional video, lighting & audio equipment.
- Assists with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for studio productions.
- Assisting in podcast requests via the internal task booking system.
- Supporting in asset management and file delivery .
- Educate and coach clients on general Audio/Video capabilities of the space (video, audio, etc.)
- Collaborate with Global counterparts and cross functional teams in other studios to align on process and procedures.
- Maintains departmental workflow procedures and standard operating procedures to ensure a streamlined service to clients.
- Works with “flex labor” vendors when required for additional support on podcast recordings.
- Assisting with pre-production planning & scheduling.
- Keeps on top of emerging trends and patterns in Podcasting technology and reports back to Spotify Leadership teams.
What You’ll Need
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a studio and/or broadcast capacity.
- Able to demonstrate a good level knowledge of Podcast/audio technology and industry standard equipment.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, good judgment and professionalism when interfacing with internal and external vendors/partners
- Proficiency in Gsuite tools, more specifically Sheet, Word & Drive
- Ability to handle high volume workloads.
- Good understanding of technical concepts and operation of technology in a studio environment.
- Ability to communicate information tactfully to clients and team mates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse group of clients.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.