What You’ll Do
We are seeking a Technical Director in London to work within the Production team, based onsite with our client who is one of the world’s leading technology companies. This role is responsible for working with a team of Technical Specialists, Senior Technicians and Technicians to deliver end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and event management. The ideal candidate should have a broad range of live broadcast experience within a Vision Guarantee environment with MCR and Engineering experience is a plus. This role will require a wide range of technical broadcast experience and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe-inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Responsible, along with other Technicians and Specialists for the successful planning, staffing and delivery of event requests, held within the clients fully equipped event spaces
- Vision mixes large scale events for broadcast and in-room and collaborate with Events Producers in directing camera shots
- Acts as a technical director within a gallery/programme control room operating environment, while also able to operate in other roles as required
- Collaborates with the engineering team to enhance the visual operation through custom macros, automation and creative technical solutions
- Quality control incoming & outgoing video and audio feeds.
- Ensures SOPs are applied for large scale events
- Communicates effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed
- Escalate equipment failures to appropriate inhouse teams and assist with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels
- Ensures daily system checks are performed to the expected level & timeframe and schedules onsite maintenance as required
- Reports staff, client or technical failures to the management team, and responsible for gathering information required to complete the associated fault forms, within an agreed SLA time period, along with ideas to avoid a repeat occurrence
- Keeps Technical Event Lead and Team Lead well informed of the status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between technicians, staff and clients
- Creates and executes technical plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Be involved in, or own, special projects or assignments as outlined by the Team Lead and execute them within the given timeline.
- Lead on R&D efforts, identifying ways in which we can improve quality of output, efficiency through automation/tooling and process improvements.
- Research and present technology to stakeholders that could improve workflow, broadcast quality or otherwise enhance productions.
- Creates, or oversees the creation, of SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing internal systems.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event
- Consistently delivers high-quality service to our partners
- Able to step into the Technical Event Lead role on an interim basis as required to support the business
- Mentors a team of technicians in collaboration with the Technical Event Lead
- Assists with training of staff and improving their technical proficiency
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Performs other ad hoc duties as required by the business
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 7 years in a broadcast environment, with specific exposure to operating in a gallery/programme control room setting
- Minimum 5 years of professional technical production experience acting in a Technical Director (TD) capacity
- Highly proficient in operating Ross Carbonite and Ross Acuity
- Openness to experimenting with new ways of working and creating new workflows that align to Engineering’s vision
- In depth technical knowledge of studio and gallery systems & processes
- Exposure to EVS is desirable
- Exposure to ETC Ion lighting desk and Sony RCP 1500 is desirable
- Exposure to Ross Xpression is desirable
- Exposure to Barco Event Master systems is desirable
- Exposure to LED video wall systems, particularly in a live broadcast camera environment, is desirable
- Exposure to automating multiple connected audio visual systems via API’s
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- A desire to learn and constantly improve
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.