Technical Production Lead
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a full time Technical Production Lead to work on-site at our clients offices in Boston. The Technical Production team provides end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and event management. The ideal candidate should have a high technical background, proven track record of successfully planning and delivering events, strong problem solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, exposure to installed audio-visual systems, and high level experience within team and project management.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Reports to Regional Technical Production Supervisor.
- Is responsible, along with other Technical Production Leads, and using the technicians within their region, for the successful planning, staffing and delivery of event requests, normally held within fully equipped event spaces.
- Also responsible for virtual event delivery within the same parameters as above.
- Oversee events to ensure successful delivery. Operating on, or attending where necessary e.g. high pri events.
- Ensuring SOP’s are applied, and that contingency planning is included in event support.
- Work very closely with the Dreamtek Coordination team who provide triaging, partner guidance and communication for event requests.
- Communicate effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed.
- Mentors and coaches a team of Technical Production technicians.
- Escalate equipment failures to appropriate inhouse teams and assist with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels.
- Reporting of staff, client or technical failures to line managers, and responsible for gathering information required to complete the associated fault forms, within an agreed SLA time period, along with ideas to avoid a repeat occurrence.
- Ensures that a balanced workload is triaged among technical staff, and notifies the Technical Production Supervisor of high priority tasks or events.
- Keeps Technical Production Supervisor well informed of the status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between technicians, staff and clients.
- Creates and executes technical plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Is involved in, or owns, special projects or assignments as outlined by the Technical Production Supervisor and executes them within the given timeline.
- Creation, or overseeing the creation, of SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing the event ticketing system.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event.
- Consistently delivers high-quality service to our partners .
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Performs Senior technician, and technician performance reviews.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors technicians through formal and informal channels.
- Assists with training of staff and in improving their technical proficiency.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years of professional technical live event production experience
- 3+ years experience managing a team of AV and Events technicians at varying levels
- Able to operate equipment and software to support streaming, Video Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including LED walls, monitors, projection, switching and formatting).
- Capable of reading and understanding AV system schematics.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Self Starter can demonstrate learning and be open to learning.
- Organized and able to take direction well.
- Asset workflow management experience is a plus.
- Understanding and experience of various event formats, including Q&A, training events, town hall meetings etc.
- Ability to travel Domestic/ International.
- Ability to mentor colleagues.
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We are One. We are Dreamtek.