Technical Production Technician
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a full time Technical Production Technician to join our tech savvy Onsite team at our client offices in Seattle. As one of the World’s leading tech companies, our client is well known for being a fast paced working environment that adopts an innovative, dynamic and social culture, and is a business continuing to push boundaries with the support of a highly skilled dynamic workforce. We pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain staff that align with both our cultures and values, and it is the diversity of our teams that helps fuel innovation & creativity as we continue to push boundaries in the way content is created and events are delivered.
The role will involve working within the AV events team managing the creation and distribution of content via multiple methods of outreach such as live streaming, online, pre-records for pr/marketing etc. The ideal candidate will have a knack for all things events and social related with proven experience in operating a variety of technical equipment within an AV, Broadcast or Production capacity.
Who We Are
A wholly owned subsidiary of System One Services, The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help our customers create and deliver awe -inspiring digital experiences. To support this we have teams working across 4 key areas of the business; Virtual/Hybrid Event, Video Production, Studio Builds, and a Talent division that offers a fully Managed Service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV, Events & Production industries.
- Operate and maintain professional video, lighting & audio equipment.
- Coordinate crew and equipment as needed.
- Transport and setup of video, lighting, and audio equipment as required.
- Communicate with Event Producers effectively as well as explain our services to technical and non-technical customers and clients as needed.
- Supports Executive level events by providing meeting kick-offs and in-room technical support.
- Monitors assigned video conferencing calls on end user’s event sites.
- Confirm all Blue Jeans Network (BJN)/VC ID’s for events.
- Swap equipment as needed to maintain service levels.
- Troubleshoot as needed to satisfy the end user’s needs and escalate if necessary.
- Assists staff with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for events.
- Manages physical inventory in dedicated venue locations.
- Takes on tasks in special projects or assignments provided to you by your supervisor and executes them within the given timeline.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps Onsite Production Supervisor well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between technician staff and clients.
- Contributes and abides by SOP documents, completing detailed event reporting as well as utilizing the event ticketing system.
- Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
What You’ll Need
- 2-4 years of professional technical event production experience
- Able to operate equipment to support Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting)
- Capable of reading and understanding AV system diagrams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a plus
- Self Starter can demonstrate, and be open to, learning
- Ability to take direction well
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
Life at Dreamtek
At Dreamtek, we embrace diversity in all of its forms to help create an all inclusive environment. The culture of our business is integral to how we operate and we feel this is the foundation to support greater innovation and creativity for not only Dreamtek but also all of our Clients. We also feel strongly that this creates a warm and welcoming environment where you’ll work alongside teams that share many of the same values. This doesn’t just drive us, it defines us.
As an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We are One. We are Dreamtek.