The Dreamtek Group is a fully integrated production company offering a range of creative solutions to help its customers create and deliver digital experiences. To support this we have an in-house video production department that produces live streams, events, digital content, TVCs & corporate films, and a talent division that offers a fully managed service for permanent & freelance staffing across the AV & production industries. Our services also extend to content seeding, broadcasting studio builds, video asset management, webcasting, mobile and social applications development.
We are seeking a full time XR Technician to work at the Meta offices (Formerly Facebook) in Seattle, WA. As one of the World’s leading tech companies, Facebook is well known for being a fast paced working environment that adopts an innovative, dynamic and social culture.
The role will involve working within the XR team managing the creation and distribution of content via multiple methods of outreach such as live streaming, online, pre-records for pr/marketing etc. The ideal candidate will have a knack for all things events and social related with proven experience in operating a variety of technical equipment within an AV, Broadcast or Production capacity. Experience using cloud based production workflows and vMix will be an essential requirement for the role.
- Provides operational support with pulling, staging and striking audio/visual equipment for XR events.
- Escalate equipment failures to appropriate teams and assist with the resolution as needed to maintain service levels.
- Communicates effectively to explain our services to technical and non-technical clients as needed.
- Helps educate and coach clients on XR capabilities across supported spaces in the region and any alternative options to support their requests.
- Attends regular meetings with cross functional teams.
- Monitors cloud based systems remotely. Troubleshoot as needed and escalate if necessary.
- Supports the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout pre-production planning, execution and post event.
- Content assessments and management of content files for event delivery.
- Consistently delivers high quality service to our client and facilitates partners tours of the space.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion to line manager.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- 2-4 years of professional technical live event production experience
- Able to operate equipment to support streaming, Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting). Vmix experience will also be essential for ongoing XR event support.
- Understanding and experience using Facebook Products (i.e.Facebook Live, Instagram, IG Stories, Boomerang, etc)
- Capable of reading and understanding AV system schematics
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and customer service experience a plus
- Self Starter can demonstrate learning and BE OPEN to learning
- Ability to take direction well
- Asset workflow management experience a plus
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
- Possesses significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures.
- Ability to travel Domestic/ International.
- Ability to mentor colleagues